or on my work selling books for the Authors' Sala (www.sanmiguelauthors.com). See the display in the picture to the right, and be sure to buy the book from Amazon (Solamente en San Miguel).
....but I would be lying.
It was just plain sloth, laziness and general decrepitude caused by my old age.
I did manage to spend a busy week with Linda out of town.
- I got a haircut
- I sold a bunch of books for the Authors' Sala
- I bought a new tire after getting a flat (visited about 5 stores)
- I had dinner with friends
- I took quite a few siestas (both before and after drinking quite a few cervezas)
- I walked the dog a few times
- I met twice with an attorney
- I ate lunch with workers doing construction at my home
- I drove home the construction workers
- I got half a chicken free at Pollo El Machin (see earlier blog)
- I never managed to get to the gym (sloth again)
- I got a new key for my motorscooter (you wouldn't believe how long this took!)
- I went to a chili cookoff and a mini-rodeo
While watching the riding, I sat next to an attractive Texan woman, and snapped a picture of her. Big sunglasses, big hair, big breasts and a short skirt! Muy Texas!
- I tutored a 12 year old boy for his Bar Mitzva
- I watched an old couple making out on the curb in front of our house
- I met some of the neighborhood kids, who were watching the gringos line up for a house tour of the house down the block
Every event listed above requires way more time than the equivalent event in the US (although sometimes less money). Any one could have justified its own blog.
But let's face it. I was lazy.
I'll try to do better from now on!